4G Blog by 4Ginfo.com

News, info, reviews, and opinions on WiMAX, LTE, Clearwire, XOHM, and Sprint 4G

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

An interesting topic has come up at the 4G Forums, regarding some problems that users have encountered trying to use their activated modems in covered areas outside of Baltimore (Chicago, Dallas, etc). The problems range from not being able to connect to XOHM - despite their successful activation via 4Ginfo's workaround - and XOHM double-charging on a Pick Two plan.

Here are some complaints straight from the mouths (keyboards) of XOHM users:

Not working here in Chicago. I did everything correctly and connected once to Xohm service but now it doesnt even give me the option to connect to wimax. I used a few different Baltimore address but still gettting nothing.

I have to start up the connection manager than re insert the data card for it to work. Now on the home page for xohm it says that its an unknown wimax device. Do i need to activate it again on xohm home page? I am getting frustrated.

You may need to call in to XOHM Support. They fouled up my pick 2 plan and charged me twice and still ONLY had my Xyzel Home modem activated on my plan. I have noticed I have had more issues with the express card itself. May take a little patience for that card has to remain connected to the XOHM network in order to pull down some activation updates. Seeing that signal is spotty at current, it may just not be receiving that neccessary update to remain active.

Its hit or miss with the express card. The connection manager will find Xohm service but everytime it tells me to activate service. I have a receipt that shows what I ordered but it always brings me to xohm home page to activate my card, than I put in the mac address. It does this over and over. Very frustrating but I do realize that the service isnt active yet here in Chicago just using the work around. I might give it 30 days than Im going to send back the card and cancel the service.
To be fair, these problems seem to be occurring mainly when people are attempting to use the service OUTSIDE of the official Baltimore area, so things may clear up when those places are officially launched/supported by Sprint/XOHM. The most troubling complaint is the one regarding double-charges and their failure to activate one of the devices on the Pick Two plan. It's true that their system is brand new and a few hiccups are to be expected along the way, but those are pretty fundamental issues that should not be occurring.

Have you had any problems with your service? Or do you have a success story? Share your info on the 4G Forum.

Labels: , , , ,